Sat, Jul 30|
Family Worship Center
Yard Sale for the Women’s Ministry
Sign up to rent a space, or simply join us for great finds!
Time & Location
Jul 30, 2022, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
Family Worship Center, 1818 Shelby Road, Kings Mountain, NC 28150
About the event
If you would like to sign up for a space, get in touch and let us know. If you have additional questions, see Shelley Crawford and don't miss this opportunity!
Yard Sale FAQ's
1) What is the date and the time of this event?
We will be having our yard sale on July 30th, from 8 am to 12 pm. We are asking all participants to begin setting up their space at 7:00 am.
2) What is the amount donated to the Women's Ministry and who do I give it to?
The Women's Ministry is asking for a space-rental contribution of $20 for the day, as well as 30% of the proceeds. The space-rental contribution is due prior to July 30th, and the 30% is due before you leave on the day of the yard sale. Please sign up on our sign-up sheet in the vestibule and give your $20 to Angela Williams (President) or Vickie Leigh (Treasurer). They will be collecting the proceeds as well.
3) What does my space rental contribution cover?
Your $20 space rental contribution covers the space you will be using the day of the yard sale. We have plenty of tables to offer which are first come first serve. You may bring your own table, use a blanket on the ground, however you want to set up your space for the time frame of the event!
4) So, why am I being asked to contribute the amounts you are requesting?
This event is a fundraiser for the Women's Ministry. Due to Covid, we have not had the opportunity to raise funds in quite some time. The Women's Ministry is responsible for many outreaches, such as sending cards and meals to a family durinq a time of bereavement, to simple luncheons or events bringing women of the church together in Christian unity!
5) Can I donate without participating?
Yes! We value your donation! Please see #2 above on who to give it to. But do consider participating. We want this to also be a great representation of our church body for anyone looking for a joyful, family friendly church!
6) What other help is needed for the day?
- We need help with carrying tables to spaces people have 'rented', and then putting them back after the event. Men? We need you! 7am set up/12 pm clean up.
- We need a volunteer or two to run the refreshments table.
- We need a couple volunteers for our prayer table.
- Anyone do face painting? Please let us know you'd like to volunteer!
- Teenagers, we need volunteers to hold a sign at the entrance and smile at passerbys! Please let us know you can volunteer! This could indirectly benefit the youth group. Just saying!